Author: Richard P. Palmieri and Jon M. Africk
- The benefits of good relationships with suppliers are now clear. But some partnerships are a waste of time and money, others are actually dangerous, and only a few will justify taking the risks that fully integrated collaboration demands.
Author: Timothy L. Mould and C. Edwin Starr
Does ERP Fit in a Lean World?
- Enterprise resource planning systems may be counterproductive on the plant floor. What’s needed—vendors, take note—is a “lean” methodology to improve customer service and reduce procurement and plant floor costs.
Publisher: Strategic Finance
Author: Marianne Bradford and Tony Mayfield
Dynamic Supply Chains Alter Traditional Models
- Channel dominators and mass market retailers are wreaking havoc on their suppliers by pushing inventories up the supply chain. Meanwhile, retailers and distributors are demanding special handling and shorter order-to-delivery cycles from manufacturers.
Author: Stacie McCullough
Easter in November, Christmas in July
- If your company has seasonal sales spikes and lulls (and what company doesn't?), your supply chain needs to be supple enough to accommodate them. Here's how it's done.
Author: Simone Kaplan
Effective Supply Chain Management
- The complexities of getting material ordered, manufactured and delivered overload most supply chain management (SCM) systems. The fact is, most systems are just not up to handling all the variables up and down the supply chain.
Publisher: R. Michael Donovan
Author: R. Michael Donovan
Previous 10 Publications ]
Next 10 Publications ]