BPR The implementation of task groups
- This article outlines a methodology that involves the shop floor at a very early stage in the implementation process and the associated conditions that apply in such a process.
Publisher: H. Hofman & C.P. Visman††† Author: H. Hofman & C.P. Visman†††
Business Process Analysis - A Letter from America
- Reengineering involves four major stages that include an environmental review and assessment of the business, identification of core processes, bench-marking with performance target setting, and redesigning the processes and implementation.
Publisher: The Robotics Institute Carnegie Mellon University††† Author: V.S. Arunachalam and Easwaran Subramanian†††
Business Process Redesign: An Overview
- An overview of key BPR concepts covering questions regarding BPR, Processes, Myths about BPR, Relation between BPR and information technology, Role of IS function in BPR, BPR Methodology, Failure of BPR Projects, and Future of BPR.
Publisher: @BRINT Research Institute††† Author: Yogesh Malhotra, Ph.D.†††
Business Process Reengineering Analysis and Recommendations
- Explores the principles and assumptions behind reengineering, looks for common factors behind its successes or failures, examines case studies, and presents alternatives to "classical" reengineering theory.
Publisher: Netlib.com††† Author: Maureen Weicher, William W. Chu, Wan Ching Lin, Van Le, Dominic Yu†††
Enterprise Architecture: An Overview
- This article discusses Enterprise Architectures as they relate to the broad decisions that must be made by an organization as it creates its organizational information support system.
Publisher: @BRINT Institute††† Author: Yogesh Malhotra, Ph.D.†††
Introduction to BPR
- If you have ever waited in line at the grocery store, you can appreciate the need for process improvement. In this case, the "process" is called the check-out process, and the purpose of the process is to pay for and bag your groceries.
Publisher: BPR Online Learning Center††† Author: ProSci†††
Demystifying Value Added
- Despite its widespread acceptance, few people can actually define value added in a way that enables them to apply it. Take the time to understand the components of value added so that you can employ it in your own activities.
Publisher: The CEO Refresher††† Author: Derek F. Martin†††