Employee Testing: Send in the Clones
- Matching the right applicant to the right job is an inexact science, but you just might uncover a hidden well of IT talent where you least expect it.
Employer of Choice - Just Another Buzzword?
- The new buzzword is simply Employer of Choice (EOC) and job-seekers across the nation are hearing it often from schools, counselors, and placement agencies. Find out why it's a buzzword you need to know more about.
Publisher: AchieveMax, Inc. Author: Harry K. Jones
Employment Checkmate: Using Background Checks To Limit Liability And Avoid Workplace Violence
- Background and reference checks became a hot issue after the terrorist attacks of September 11th. You may think things have cooled down, but the numbers tell a different story. And it's not only applicants whom employers are checking up on, but current employees as well...
Publisher: AHI's Hot Topics in Employment Law E-Mail Newsletter Author: Alexander Hamilton Institute
Evaluating IS Talent: A Two-Track Approach
- In assessing candidates to make sound employment decisions there are two distinct—though not mutually exclusive—tracks to pursue
Publisher: McDermott-Sears Associates, LLC Author: David Sears
Expand Your Hiring Pool With Vets
- Don't overlook the military as a great source of qualified job applicants. The Department of Labor's Veterans' employment and Training Service (VETS)...
Publisher: AHI's Hiring & Retention Alert Author: Alexander Hamilton Institute
- The continuing labor shortage is forcing companies to be creative and aggressive in recruiting employees. Some new approaches to hiring can help you snag and keep top talent.
Publisher: Businessfinancemag.com Author: Carol Orsag Madigan
Finding the Right Talent Through Sourcing and Recruiting
- Corporate managers are aware of the direct costs of turnover but don’t realize that the hidden costs are considerably more virulent. To be competitive, companies must remodel the staffing structure and use technology to automate the process.
Publisher: Strategic Finanace Magazine Author: Steve Racz
- Executives at Las Vegas's Bellagio Hotel screened 84,000 candidates, did 27,000 interviews, and hired 9,600 people -- in 24 weeks. Now Cisco wants to know how they did it.
Publisher: Fast Company Author: Bill Breen
Gene Pool, Talent Pool: Hiring Is All in the Family
- At Southwest Airlines, the term "corproate family" is more than just an overused metaphor. Southwest is full of real families-married couples, siblings etc.
Publisher: Fast Company Author: Gina Imperato