Hire for Attitude, Train for Skill
- You can't build a great company without great people. The problem: How do you know the great people when you see them? Rules for smart hiring from Nucor Steel, Silicon Graphics, and Southwest Airlines.
Publisher: Fast Company
- Are friendly work-life practices mere recruiting and retention tools, or do CIOs get to have a life too?
Publisher: CIO.com††† Author: David Gordon†††
Blend Established Practices with New Technologies
- On the surface, automated staffing software would seem to provide a much-needed technological edge for human resource professionals in the high-tech age.
Publisher: HR Magazine††† Author: Jennifer Click†††
Can You Take Them with You?
- Is it unethical to recruit your ex-employees to work for you at your new company?
Publisher: CIO.com††† Author: Martha Heller†††
Careers Information Resources
- Review of the best Web sites for researching and finding jobs in the UK.
Publisher: Free Pint††† Author: Brian Nisbet†††
- What makes your top performers so productive? If you knew, you could hire more people like them. Traditional measures canít unlock the mysteries, because they donít reflect human nature and job experience, but some companies are coming closer to answering this question.
Publisher: Businessfinancemag.com††† Author: Carol Orsag Madigan†††
e-Recruiting is Driving HR Systems Integration
- E-recruiting is like the first in a string of firecrackers. Its explosive success is igniting a series of explosions throughout the human resources departments of best-in-class companies like Hewlett-Packard, Dell Computer, and Cisco Systems.
Publisher: Strategic Finance††† Author: Bernie Cullen†††
Employee Referral Programs get the Gold
- Have you heard that we are all connected to one another by 6 degrees. Want some hints about how to harness this power and get results from an employee referral program.
Publisher: HRzone.com††† Author: Joe Slavin†††