Blue Hair and Tattoos - Casual Dress, Casual Attitudes?
- Someone named "Nancy" posted a question on a bulletin board under the heading of, "blue hair and tattoos what to do?" She was looking for guidance in dealing with extreme dress and dress codes.
Publisher: E. A. Winning Associates, Inc. Author: Ethan A. Winning
Boosting Employee Morale is Critical for Powering Up Productivity After Layoffs
- To sustain individuals' morale and maximize their productivity, managers need to identify the unique factors and conditions that motivate and stimulate them, design staff positions around these factors, and adapt communication and management strategies employee by employee.
Publisher: The CEO Refresher Author: Dennis LaRosee
Business at the Bar: Supreme Court Decisions Impact Business Decision-Making
- Three recent Supreme Court decisions impact business decision-making. First, the Court has made it easier to enforce arbitration agreements with both employees and customers. Second, the ruling on appellate review of punitive damage awards may provide business relief in some cases.
Publisher: Graziadio Business Report Author: Larry Bumgardner
Business Be Advised! Court ruling suggests more special accommodations likely.
- Examines a recent decision by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that seems to change what had been a legitimate reason for refusal to hire because of potential risk to the employee. Suggests that a logical extension would be more "special accommodation" requirements on employers.
Publisher: Graziadio Business Report Author: William G. Larson
Capitalize on the Power of Suggestion
- Heed the advice presented in this useful article to develop and manage an employee suggestion program that fosters innovation, reduces costs, increases efficiency, improves customer service and satisfaction, and enhances workplace morale.
Publisher: Human Resources at Suite101.com Author: Christina Morfeld
Checking out claims of harassment
- In the face of an employee’s claim of sexual or racial harassment, what’s an employer to do? Act with dispatch and document the timeliness. The author discusses the interview and the type of report that should be entailed in a textbook response.
Publisher: Business Law Today Author: Anne Buckleitner
Combating the Call-ins
- Enforcing a strict policy on absenteeism can make your employees hang up their hooky habits.
Publisher: DHoppe.com Author: Dennis Hoppe