Best Practices of Private Sector Employers
- Task Force to study "best" equal employment opportunity policies, programs, and practices of private sector employers.
Publisher: Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Author: Reginald E. Jones, Task Force Head
A Manual for Area & Industry Labor-Management Committees
- Area Labor-Management Committees (ALMCs) are wonderful organizations through which labor and management activists in a community or region discover issues and develop themes which they can work on jointly.
Publisher: National Labor Management Association Author: National Labor Management Association
After September 11: Employment Law Issues
- The events of September 11, 2001 have brought up many questions for employers and employees. We offer answers to some of these questions such as: What Are the Rights of Reservists Called for Duty?, How Should Layoffs be Implemented?, and Do Employees Have the Right to Express Unpopular Political Views?
Publisher: Fair Measures Corporation Author: Julie Crane, Rita Risser and Ann Kiernan
Are You Acting In Good Faith?
- You can defeat claims of discrimination by showing that you acted in good faith to comply with Title VII. Make sure you understand exactly what...
Publisher: Personnel Legal Alert Author: Alexander Hamilton Institute
Avoiding and Surviving Strikes in the Nineties
- Companies that negotiated collective bargaining agreements in the 1980's and 1990's have been largely successful in avoiding strikes.
Publisher: McGuire, Woods, Battle & Boothe LLP Author: James McElligott
Bashing HR on the Web
- Thanks to the Internet, employees can share information in a highly public—albeit anonymous—fashion. In the process, they have the potential to undermine everything you do.
Publisher: Workforce Online Author: Shari Caudron