Not a foreign concept?
- What is the effect of downsizing on employers and their foreign workers? It can depend on the kind of visa a worker has. There are potential landmines for employers that your client company should know about.
Publisher: Business Law Today Author: Lynda S. Zengerle
Personnel Record Retention Requirements
- This article briefly explains how your responsibility to retain personnel-related records is affected by a variety of federal laws.
Publisher: Human resources at Suite101.com Author: Christina Morfeld
The Permatemps Contretemps
- It is the dark side of Free Agent Nation. Here's how the mix of Microsoft's human-resources policies, unwilling temps, high-tech union organizers, and "permatemp" agents produced unintended consequences -- and a cautionary tale.
Publisher: Fast Company Author: Ron Lieber
Understanding Stock Options for High-Tech Employment
- At one time in the early days of the Internet economic boom, stock options were considered the ultimate path to riches. Options can still be an important part of an employment package at a high-tech company, but they're no guarantee of financial riches.
Publisher: Gigalaw.com Author: Jay Hollander
Underwater Stock Options
- During the boom years of the ’90s, companies attracted top employees through attractive stock options. But now exercise prices are sinking below the waves (exceeding the current market price), and both employees and management have a problem.
Publisher: Strategic Finance Author: Don Delves