Finance and Accounting : Insurance and Risk Management
Author: The Small Business Journal
Lessons from a Swiss Bank
- Risk models for capital assets and credit are widely used based on generally accepted principles, but operational risk is a less well-defined area. A former CFO at a European bank describes the principles used to set up such a system.
Publisher: Strategic Finance
Author: Ramona Dzinkowski
Looking for Risk in All the Right Places
- The old adage “don’t go looking for trouble” may be good advice, but not in risk management. Periodic audits of the risks that stem from every nook and cranny of the enterprise can provide a competitive advantage.
Author: Joanne Sammer
Managing Risk: An Enterprise-wide Approach
- Managing risk on an integrated and enterprise-wide basis is a vital issue confronting executives. The CFO is a key decision maker in crafting the company's strategy.
Publisher: Financial Executive Online Edition
Author: Thomas L. Barton, William G. Shenkir and Paul L. Walker
- This article describes various models and discusses model errors characteristic of two types -- valuation
models for individual securities, and models of market risk. It also reviews a number of practical issues related to model development and describes the approach taken by bank regulators to model risk.
Publisher: Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Author: Katerina Simons
On Your Mark, Get Set, Negotiate
- The first hard market for insurance in almost 15 years has underwriters jittery. Carriers that don’t remember past market cycles are slapping higher prices on all renewals. The panic creates new risks for businesses — and new opportunities.
Author: Richard H. Gamble
Previous 10 Publications ]
Next 10 Publications ]
| Submit a Publication |
a Publication | What's New |
| Collection Policy
this site | Contact
ï¿½ 2003, BPubs.com.
All Rights Reserved.